What capital should I declare to my insurance company?
As a rule, assessment values taken into consideration by insurers are:
- identical replacement value of the property,
- with a possible adjustment for depreciation owing to wear and tear.
These values therefore differ greatly from the historical acquisition values.
Our department specialized in the provision of prior assessments of insured assets for buildings, contents and valuables, proposes you the draughting of certified reports which may go towards justifying the existence and condition of goods and property after a loss.
Property market value
What is the economic value of my real estate property?
The market value assessment services we provide for your real estate are carried out totally independently from property market players.
Following an in-depth study of the local market, our real estate professionals estimate the market value of the property under consideration:
- by comparison to recent transactions involving similar property,
- depending on the approach, by capitalization of income,
- or with the use of other methods suited to each individual case.
How can I select my own expert?
Your insurance policy sets out the terms of an appraisal following a loss.
Most damage insurance policies provide for an out-of-court contradictory appraisal. In this case, your insurance company will designate its appraiser but it is in your interest to appoint your own consultant expert as soon as possible.
Our hundred-year-old experience as insurance appraisers speaks for us: our appraisers are true professionals, trained as architects and engineers: they will bring you genuine know-how and expertise.
What emergency or protective measures should I undertake?
- Immediately after the crisis, we shall advise and assist you in order to:
- safeguard all the evidence (protective measures),
- take all necessary steps to ensure the security or the preservation of property (emergency measures) in agreement with your insurers.
I need assistance during the insurance company appraiser’s initial visit
We need to step in as soon as the claim has been recognized by the appraiser appointed by your insurance company. Our experts will assist and represent you during this first meeting which must enable:
- the analysis of the causes and the circumstances of the disaster,
- together with an estimate of the loss incurred.
I would like assistance throughout the appraisal procedure
- Our experts assist and advise you from the first meeting acknowledging the claim to the quantification of the losses incurred and your acceptance of the indemnity due to you. As the claim progresses, our proactive teams remain at your disposal to pass on any useful information and advice.
How can I draw up my claim?
- As claim settlement specialists our experts will draw up an inventory of your loss reflecting the damage incurred exactly. This inventory will be in line with the cover provided by your insurance policy and will comply with all your recommendations.
How will the compensation I am entitled to be quantified?
- Our experts will negotiate individually each and every item on the claim for losses they have drawn up.
They will defend you throughout the wear and tear appraisal process and will bring you all the benefit of their experience as ‘negotiators’.